Career break gadget
- The calculator assumes you do not receive any super contributions during your career break
- Full time is considered to be five days or more per week
- Superannuation Guarantee Contribution is currently 9.5% of ordinary time earnings and is presently legislated to incrementally increase to 12% by 2025
- The calculation assumes no change to superannuation guarantee or wage rates
- The dollars shown are not discounted for inflation
- The 'missing out' figure is calculated according to the time you will be away from work plus any period thereafter where you are working less days than before you took your career break
This tool is not intended to be relied upon for the purposes of making a financial decision. Consider a fund's PDS and your objectives, financial situation and needs, which are not accounted for in this information before making an investment decision. You are responsible for your own investment decisions and should obtain specific, individual advice from a financial services licensee before making any financial decisions.